ICCS Theme of the Year:
"All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the
peace of your children."
Welcome to 5th Grade
Virtue of the Month for January: Self-Control,
St. Felicity and her seven sons, "Finally, your thoughts should be
wholly directed to all that is true, all that deserves respect, all that is honest, pure, admirable, decent, virtues, or worthy of praise."
5th Grade fieldtrip to George W. Bush Presidential Library & Museum.
Class picture in the Oval Office!
Science Fair Project!
- Phase II: Due Wednesday, December 17st, 2014
- Phase III: Due Tuesday, January 6th, 2015
- Phase IV: Due Wednesday, January 7th, 2015
- Phase V: Due Friday, January 9th, 2015
- Phase VI: Due Tuesday, January 13th, 2015
- Science Fair is January 16th, 2015!
- Reading each night for 20 minutes!
- IXL or Moby Max each night for 20 minutes (If you have Math homework each night you can do IXL or Moby Max for an hour over the weekend!)
- 30 points Spelling assignment due each Friday morning!
- Reading/Book Review due once every 6 weeks
- All classroom assignments not finished will be taken home as homework
The function of education is to teach one to think INTENSIVELY and to think CRITICALLY. Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.